Tuesday, July 19

Training Update

For the past 8 weeks David and I have each been working with a personal trainer. We've talked about how happy we are with our choice to hire personal trainers. I actually use more than the treadmill and elliptical with confidence now. I'm feeling better and stronger even if I don't feel like my clothes fit differently. The scale at home hasn't shown any change, so I wasn't too excited for my first re-evaluation on Saturday.

SURPRISE! When I stepped on the scale, I lost 3.5 pounds! Success... sure it took eight weeks, but like I said I was at peace with the fact that I was starting and maintaining a healthy routine. I nearly doubled the number of sit-ups I was able to do the first time and my seated leg press went from 165 pounds to 225! The best part of it all was the inches lost... 2 inches on my hips, 2.5 inches on my thighs. And I gained an inch on each bicep!

So now the focus in our house has shifted to our diet... A few months ago, my friend Denise told me about an iPhone app called my fitness pal where you can record calories, water consumption and workouts (both cardio and strength). My goal over the next four weeks is to really focus on my calories, especially when I go home next week. I know it's going to be super hard at home so I'm mentally preparing myself... and planning to take time to workout while I'm away.

So all in all, I love my trainer! Never doing the same thing from week to week is great. After yesterday's workout, muscles in my arms and lower legs are sore for the first time. Here's to another good 8 weeks ahead.

2 comments:

gv said...

Great job! I'm on Fitness Pal aly_313 so add me. I love it!!! When are you coming home?

Britni said...

Ill be home next Thursday... until August 5th. I'm planning to come by the RSC to workout and so of course I was planning to stop and say hello!